Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Here it Goes

The idea of jumping in a boat or on a plane or in a car and leaving everything behind to explore a new world is something everybody fantasizes about, behind school desks and in front of data-filled computer screens. Putting as much distance as we can between ourself and our every-day problems. Filling up the spaces between ourselves and our boring realities with new experience and oppurtunity. A new place, different people and customs and sights, the excitement of contributing to an atmosphere that's different from our own. If we're lucky, many of us get to experience this a few times in our lives.

This is what I'm doing right now. I'm ditching everything and pretty much going. Blowing smoke in the face of my previous half hearted habits and going to see something different then what I've been seeing for the past 18 years. This is what life is about, isn't it? Having the courage to shake things up when they get too stale?

Travelling is the only thing I've always known I wanted to do. In a world where society is slowly and insistently beginning to try to shove me into my destiny and duct tape me there, I think that's something to hold onto. I just hope it will be everything I've imagined it to be.

To blowing the popsicle stand!

No comments: